· On Thursday Delhi High court divisional bench of chief justice DN Patel and justice Jyoti Singh have issued a notice on the plea seeking distribution and direction to pay salaries of sanitation workers till last month.
· A Delhi based sanitation workers Harnam Singh seeks plea against the Delhi government, the national commission for safaikaramchari and Delhi commission for National karamcharis.
· Mr Singh is waiting for the direction from the high court for fulfilling the responsibilities that are ensured under the constitution of India and also of the right Is mentioned in the National Commission for safaikaramchari Act 1993.
· For seeking the implementation the plea also mentions the two resolutions of the national commission for safaikaramchari on March 28, 2019, and on March 2, 2019.
· This plea also sought for the safeguard of workers health and medical facilities for their families too.
Mr Singh had first moved to the supreme court and has now moved to the Delhi High court. The supreme court has already disposed of the petition by mentioning that the WHO has already made the guidelines for provisions of safety equipment to sanitation workers