Cockroaches released in restaurant by debt collectors in Taiwan
• In Taiwan’s capital city, debt collectors were arrested for releasing hundred of cockroaches at a restaurant to intimidate its owner.
• The police were said to be throwing a dinner party in the restaurant at the time of the incident on Monday.
• Two men were seen running away from the restaurant in the surveillance footage, leaving hundred of cockroaches at the reception.
• A 700-guest police banquet was being held at the time the insects were released in the restaurant.
• Five people were arrested by the police the very next day. Two men were arrested for releasing the insects inside the restaurant and two other men and an underaged woman were charged with filming and fleeing the scene.
•According to the police, the gang had been hired by an accomplice to demand the restaurant to return more than 15 million Taiwan dollars ($540,000) in debt.