BJP MLA says won’t allow screening of Javed Akhtar’s films
• Javed Akhtar is said to have compared RSS to Taliban in a recent interview with NDTV.
• After the interview Ram Kadam, BJP MLA stated that BJP will not allow the screening of films of Javed Akhtar.
• While speaking to NDTV on the rising hate crimes against Muslims in India, Javed Akhtar had said, “Those who support organizations like RSS and Bajrang Dak need to do some introspection. How are they any different from them (Taliban)?”
• Kadam released a video message in response to the statement made by the writer-lyricist saying that his comments were humiliating for RSS functionaries.
• Kadam said in the video, “Before making these remarks, he should have thought that people with the same ideology [as RSS] are running with the [union] government now and are fulfilling raj dharma [duty of governance].
• Various other BJP members, who found the statement offensive are demanding an apology from the lyricist.