All you need to know about the Depp Vs Heard trial verdict
• On 1st June, Hollywood actor Johnny Depp and his ex wife Amber Heard were both found liable by the jury, bringing the infamous trial to an end.
• Depp was awarded significantly more in damages than Heard. Depp was awarded $15 million while Heard was awarded $2 million.
• Johnny Depp had sued his ex wife for an op-ed that she had written with The Washington Post in 2018.
• The jury gave the verdict that Heard had defamed Depp in three statements and Depp had defamed Heard with one remark from his attorney.
• Johnny Depp took to Instagram and wrote, “the jury gave me my life back”.
• While Heard called the verdict a disappointment and a setback for women.