Afghanistan’s female soccer stars fear becoming sex slaves
• Female soccer stars in Afghanistan are in fear of becoming sex slaves by the Taliban.
• Football is popular in Afghanistan with both men and women excelling in the sport.
• Many sports, including football were banned under the Taliban’s regime from 1996 to 2001.
• Football stars, especially women have gone into hiding, fearing for their lives now that the Taliban are back in power.
• Women stars fear that they will be tortured by members of Taliban and made sex slaves.
• Vida Zamari, goalkeeping coach stated, “If the Taliban captures any of the girls, they won’t make her stay at home like a doll. They want to to use and torture them as sex slaves.”