About the rape and murder case of 21-year-old civil defence officer
• A 21-year-old civil defence officer was returning home from work when she was picked up and later her body was dumped after being gangraped and brutally murdered.
• A man claiming to be her husband has surrendered at Kalindi Kunj Police station. He said that he was suspicious of her character and murdered her.
• After being alerted by the Delhi Police about the woman’s disappearance, Faridabad police undertook a search operation on Friday and ended up retrieving the body from the bushes.
• The accused told the police that him and the woman had gotten married in June at a court but failed to give any proof of marriage when asked. The accused informed the police bout how he brought the victim to a deserted place on Thursday and murdered her, dumping her body in the bushes.
• When asked about their marriage, the victim’s family claimed that they knew nothing of the marriage, but they did tell the police that the accused had helped their daughter secure a job and had a close relationship.