9-year-old writes touching letter to Marcus Rashford
• Marcus Rashford, Jadon Sancho and Bukayo Saka were subjected to racial abuse after England’s defeat in the final of Euro 2020.
• While people were busy telling the three players “to go back where they came from”, a 9-year-old kid’s letter was put up on twitter for Marcus Rashford to read.
• The letter read, “Dera Marcus Rashford, I hope you won’t be sad for too long because you are such a good person. Last year you inspired me to help people less fortunate. Then last night you inspired me again, to always be brave. I’m proud of you, you will always be a hero.”
• The letter soon went viral on social media. Many users praised the child’s mother and tweeted, ‘What a wonderful beautiful letter, your son is amazing- you are obviously an excellent parent.”
• Another user wrote, “This kid speaks for me.”
• The original tweet with a picture of the letter was shared by Piers Morgan, “Her @MarchusRashford- I think this young man speaks for the vast majority of people in this country.”